How much is it going to cost me to sell?
When you list your home it can be easy to get caught up in the thoughts of how much you’ll make from selling, but selling a house does not come without costs. Selling can get expensive, especially when one considers all the outside factors that go into a home sale. Again, your local agent can help you understand the total costs (especially since many costs are dictated by where you live in the U.S. and other factors), but as a seller you can typically expect to pay these important items:
- Agent commission (Seller typically pays Buyer AND Seller commission) (6-8%)
- Staging and home preparation costs (1%)
- Seller concessions (1-3% )
- Repair costs (determined based on inspection)
- Home ownership/overlap/moving costs (1%)
- Closing costs (1-3%)
Sellers end up paying a fair share of the costs when it comes to the home sale/purchase. If all is said and done, and you're only going to make $10,000 off your sale, is it really worth it to sell if your main goal is a good return on investment?
Call me today at 573-693-1551 and I will show your the value of your home and help you figure out your net proceeds.